Patchwork Bag

Thank you to Christine Harrison of Altogether Patchwork for sending me a lovely patchwork bag, it's gorgeous!

I have been doing craft ever since I was little. My mum taught me to knit when I was about 5. I have dabbled in all sorts of crafts, sewing, crocheting, embroidery, folk art, ceramics, knitting and more.

I have been doing patchwork since about 1984 and loved it. I started Altogether Patchwork in 2002. I design patterns and sell supplies. 


This bag is a lovely chocolate colour which gives off a warm atmosphere, even in the coldest of nights. As you can see, however, by the image above, it doesn't stand too well by itself with no items placed inside of it. 

The design has three main different fabrics - one with a rose design used in the exterior, one with an aztec design joined together with the rose fabric, and a floral brown fabric used to decorate the interior and cover up the stitching. All of the fabrics work extremely well together, to create a well-rounded design. The pattern looks reasonably complicated, with intricate stitching hardly visable to the human eye.


My projects have been in a number of well known Australian craft magazines. Homespun, Australian Patchwork and Quilting, Country Craft, Handmade just to name a few. 

I have been involved in the major Quilt and Craft shows over a number of years. I am now concentrating on designing patterns side and selling them as downloadable PDF's. I will continue to make some quilts and other items to sell but these will be limited.


The bag is thick and padded, and is tied together with an elasticated brown type of string, with small golden beads at every edge of the fabric. It is handmade, and really is beautiful. It's perfect, and I have to admit that I have fallen a tad in love with it. However, I am unsure as to what it shall be used for, as it seems too delicate to carry around or fill with other items. At the moment, I have placed it in the corner of my room, and will probably fill it with my own fabrics that I use for sewing, so that, even as sturdy as the bag looks, it is at no risk of damage.


It really is a nifty little bag. 


Check out the Altogether Patchwork Etsy at www.etsy.com/shop/altogetherpatchwork for more information.
Visit the Altogether Patchwork website at www.altogetherpatchwork.com to keep in touch with new projects.
Go to the Altogether Patchwork blog at altogetherpatchwork.blogspot.com.au/ to browse and view previous products.

No comments:

Post a Comment