Diane Messidoro Three Day Worship - Day Two

First up, I've reached 7,000 views on my blog! Oh, wait... I've got 7110 at this very moment! I would like to thank my mother and my father for bringing me into this world, all my teachers for encouraging me to--

Well... thank you ALL SOOOOO much!


And, as promised, here's the second part of the interview!


If you could design your own cupcake, what would it be?
A scone with strawberry jam and clotted cream.

What's the biggest mistake you've ever made?
That’s a secret! All I can say is it involved a boy, a pair of roller skates and a spiral staircase.

Did you ever do something that you didn't get busted for?
That is definitely a secret!

Have the power to turn invisible but only for ten seconds at a time or have the power to fly but only a metre off the ground?
Flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Spend the whole night in a haunted house or spend the whole night in a room full of spiders?
Haunted house. I like the idea of ghosts – friendly ones, naturally.

Eat ten spiders or wear green for the rest of your life?
Spiders. As long as I can have them dipped in white chocolate?

Be the main actor in a really bad movie or have a small part in a really good movie?
Small part.

Have all of the world's music for free or have all the world's video games for free?
Music, no contest.

When and why did you being writing?
I began writing bad stories about the imaginary horses I kept in my garden when I was about five. I was an only child of a busy single parent (like Circe in How to Keep a Boy as a Pet) so I always had plenty of time to let my imagination run riot.

How long have you wanted to be a writer?
I wanted to act originally, though I always wrote too – I think they’re flip sides of the same creative coin. I think I first dreamed of becoming an author when I was about 12 but it took me ages to get around to actually writing a book.

Did you ever feel like giving up?
Yes, at least once a week for years!

Can you give us a title or first line that we can turn into a story?
It seemed like any other ordinary day, but then she turned the corner…

How much do you write in one week?
In my best weeks up to about 12,000 words, in my worst, ahem *blushes* zero.


Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
When it goes well, it’s the best job in the world, when it doesn’t it can be the worst as you have to work things out on your own. Oh, and semi-colons, I’ve never really understood them!

Did you learn anything from your last book?
Yes, I think you learn from every page you ever write, nothing is ever wasted, even if you end up screwing it up and throwing it in the bin.

What was your inspiration for How To Keep A Boy As A Pet?
I’ve always thought boys (and men) are a bit like pets, in the nicest possible way, I love boys and pets!

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
Since I was first paid money to write something when I was working in PR aged about 21.

What inspired you to write How To Keep A Boy As A Pet?
Remembering how confused I felt about the strange behaviour of the male human species as a teenager.

What made you give How To Keep A Boy As A Pet its title?
It started as ‘How to Keep a Man as a Pet’ and changed when Circe strolled into my head and turned out to be 15-something.

Do you have any advice for any budding writers?
If you can’t think of anything to write, write anything! Even if you write  nonsense, just keep going, something interesting will happen on the page eventually.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Happy reading – and happy boy catching!



And, here's the pictures that Diane sent me to make the interview more exciting!


Diane Messidoro with new boy How To Keep A Boy As A Pet... looking very happy!(:


Diane's cat Rufus (Jhonny Depp in HTKABAAP ((bet THAT is hard to say!)) is based on him!)


And, the Tapir (read question 1 ((or 2..)) from yesterday) (:

The last day of the Three Day Worship coming up tomorrow!

Stay tuned!

A<3

p.s. Only 9 votes on my new poll? REALLY? *glare* (;

1 comment:

  1. Johnny Depp?!?! ~dissolves into a pool of quivering jelloid substance~

    ReplyDelete