How Books Influence My Dreams

Guess what.

I want to be an internationally famous professional artistic roller skater.

Random, right?

I've never really thought about it before, but books have really changed the way I think. Now I want to spend £700 on luxury skates, but why?

Well, I was recently reading Jo Cotteril's book, Ice Dreams. The main character, Tania, wants to be the best ice skater there is. And whilst I read, I shared her ambition too. But the nearest ice skating rink to me is an hour away, so I decided to move onto the next best thing. Roller Skating. So that's why I've just ordered a pair of £50 Quad Skates off Amazon, to learn triple axels and stuff. I want to be the best Roller Skater there is. The best Quad Skater there ever was. I'll let you know how that goes.

It's like when I read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, I wanted to become a professional archer. I spent £10 for a few tries on a massive bow, but it hurt GAZILLIONS and my fingers are still numb.

And when I read Pony Camp Diaries by Kelly McKain, I wanted to become a professional horse rider. I practised horse riding my stool, but I was so cramped after, I couldn't move. I went to a horse riding lesson but the horse went off track and led me into a river whilst I was still riding her.

But some of my book ambitions stayed the same. Like Life, Death and Gold Leather Trousers by Fiona Foden where I wanted to become a professional guitarist. I'm now taking my Preliminary Grade for Guitar. Or in Dork Diaries by Rachel Renee Russell, I now keep a log of my life.

Books have influenced us all in the same way, changing our thoughts into ideas into reality. I bet that's how the Prime Minister became the Prime Minister.

Is there a certain book that's influenced you and changed your life forever? Have you ever tried to be something but failed immensely? Let me know, I'm preparing for some dramatic LOLs!

Happy dreaming,

AwkwardDonkey(:

No comments:

Post a Comment