SIXTEENTH REVIEW FOR THE BBC

*Can I just say that the reason I'm blogging so early is because I woke up half an hour ago by my dog and couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to read.*

My sixteenth review for the BBC is The Worst Thing About My Sister.


When I bought this book for £12.99 I didn't realise that the words would be huge, it'd be filled with really big pictures and that a quarter of the book's actually adverts for Jacqueline Wilson's other books. I have been utterly ripped off.

This book was boring and predictable. Sisters hate each other, they fight, one almost dies, friends again. It might just be my age and that I've grown out of her books, but I really didn't enjoy it. I mean, it only took me half an hour to read!

I don't really want to review it properly, I really didn't like it. It was a waste of time and money. The trailer was even worse than the book (if that's even possible). Just look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=E6X8R3iPbCs

The trailer just shows them being violent to one another, and they don't actually do that in the book.

The book was poor quality and badly-written, and I don't know how Jacqueline Wilson could have published such a thing, her standards have really dropped.

I would like to rate it for people at the age of about 7+, but the bit at the end where the sister gets seriously hurt, I think is unsuitable. I would rate it maybe 3/10, and I can't get any higher than that. It could have been made better by a sudden twist, or from Melissa's point of view. But it wasn't, and that's why I'm writing such a negative review.


AwkwardDonkey

No comments:

Post a Comment