Review On THE TAIL OF EMILY WINDSNAP

Here's my review on  The Tail Of Emily Windsnap by Liz Kessler.



Publisher:  Orion Childrens
Published: 5th August 2004
Pages: 240
Book: For review 
Format: Finished copy, paperback
Genre: Children, fiction, fairytale, humour
Contains: Suitable for younger readers


Can you keep a secret?
I know everyone has secrets but mine's different. I mean, how many mermaids do you know?
It all started with a swimming lesson at school. I was in for a big surprise, and, after that, the surprises just kept on coming. I discovered a whole other world beneath the waves and found a new best friend.
This is my story.
Swishy wishes,
Emily Windsnap

Emily Windsnap has a massive secret that she can't tell anyone. With her mum's constant fear of the sea, Emily just cannot understand why school swimming lessons are so out of the question. But when fins start to sprout underwater, Emily realises that she simply must find out the truth. 
Her mum can't remember the past, the sea, or Emily's long lost dad, and Emily has a fin or two that must be kept a secret, and then of course a mysterious lighthouse keeper comes knocking on their door...

This book was really good, and it really captured Emily going through Mermaidery. The mystery developed nicely to keep the reader buzzing through the pages, and it was well written, but it left on a cliffhanger which made me scream out of hunger for book two!


I would rate this book a 7/10 as it was maybe a bit predictable, but it is really for younger readers anyway, so I would recommend it for ages 8+ .

Girl next door. Best friend. Mermaid.

A<3

No comments:

Post a Comment