Sue Ransom for Queen Of Teen

As you all may or may not know, (my favourite) author Sue Ransom is going up for this year's Queen of Teen, and so I'd love it if I could get my readers to vote for her. She's the writer of the (best-ever) trilogy 'Blue Small Thing', and ever since I won one of her books in a competition I have been IN LOVE with the storylines and characters.

"Hi, I’m Sue Ransom, or S C Ransom, author of the Small Blue Thing series, published by Nosy Crow. The books are set in London and are a story of teenage love, loss and betrayal.
Celebrating the end of exams with best friend Grace, 17 year-old Alex rescues a swan caught on a wire in the Thames mud and finds an extraordinary bracelet. Through its disturbing and compelling powers, she finds Callum, a soul locked in a half-life of sadness and mystery following a terrible accident, and his persuasive and sinister sister, Catherine. As Alex and Callum grow closer despite the enormous obstacles to their love, the dangers mount until Alex must risk everything to save Grace and Callum must risk everything to save Alex.
I wrote the first book as a birthday present for my daughter, never expecting for it to be published, and was thrilled when I was given a publishing contract for a whole series. Like most authors I have a day job, so I do my writing in my spare time. Most of the Small Blue Thing series was written on the train during my daily commute, and most of the first book was actually written on my BlackBerry! I’ve been delighted with how well the books have sold – they have been translated into various languages, and are available in lots of different corners of the world. Not bad for a birthday present, but it would be great to get a film deal and write full time.
I recently finished my next book (also for Nosy Crow) which will be coming out early next year. It’s called The Beneath, and is a story about two girls from very different worlds. Even though the book is written, there is a huge amount to do to get it to the shelves. Today I got to look at potential covers, which was very exciting.  Next month I’ll have to make the copy editing corrections and then it will be made into Uncorrected Proofs which will go out as Advance Reading Copies orARCs. In the meantime, my publicist is starting to compile lists of bloggers who will get ARCs in the summer. Let me know if you’d like to be on the list! I’m really looking forward to hearing what you think about it."

You can vote for Sue over at the Queen of Teen website HERE.

The rules state that "you can nominate absolutely ANY author you've loved reading. Just tell us in 100 words or more why their book(s) has meant something to you and why you can't stop talking about it. Plus, with each nomination you will be automatically entered into our prize draw to be in with a chance of winning tickets to attend the award ceremony and meet your favourite author on 11 July 2014."

 The nominations close on 29 April 2014 so you'd better hurry!

&if you guys remember, I did a post like this last year, also voting for Sue Ransom to be Queen Of Teen. I did an interview with Sue Ransom and wrote not one, not two, but three SBT book reviews of the trilogy last year if you still need convincing as to why to vote Ransom.


2 comments: