guess who's in hospital

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a few centuries, but I've been admitted to hospital. Long story short, my stomach is trying to kill itself.

As I can't really put in the usual effort that I would with this post, I'm just going to leave you with an extract from my diary and a few photos. Sorry guys - I do love you, honestly.

"Had put numbing cream on at 7am, but when it was 8am and the anaesthetist was ready to open my veins to stick a tube in them, I could still feel everything. However, I felt pretty brave as he stabbed the needle into the back of my wrist and I bit back the pain. Apparently though, it was my fault that it had failed. So, he picked up another needle and stabbed it in my right hand. By this time I was feeling pretty lightheaded, especially as he was making comments like "oh wow look at all that blood", and then "oops, your vein just collapsed", before grabbing a plaster and applying a helluva lot of force to my sensitive, newly incredibly bruised hand. He picked up yet another needle, and tried it in my arm. I was feeling super sick and shaky and horrible and at that point, and the pain was brutal. "It isn't meant to hurt that much", he said, as he released the death machine from my arm. 
As he chose a vein on the SAME HAND, *winces*, he pushed the needle into my flesh, puncturing my blood carrier. At first it didn't hurt. But, then, he forced the needle in deeper and I had to hold my breath as my vein cried out in agony. Then, he said those three magic words - "it's all done". Of course it wasn't, as he still had to insert the plastic tube and attach a cannula, but hey, it's the thought that counts. They bandaged my hand up, complete with artificial vein, and needless to say, I'm even more afraid of needles than I was before."

In case you hadn't guessed - I'm petrified of needles.

La view from my hospital bed.

The sort of lunch that I'm eating for now, until I'm put on a liquid diet and a pipe is put up my nose. Ugh.

Karim Abridged replied to me on Instagram. Just saying just saying just saying!! Omg.

After the anaesthetic had been left on for four hours too long.. wasn't numb enough to not feel my hairs being ripped out of their beds.

Bandaged hand, covered in tiny pin pricks.

Riding on a wheelchair. Felt important.

My cannula.... hate it with a passion.

For awesome Snapchats like this, add itsamymush.

Yesterday alone was awful - I had an MRI scan, got drugged via my veins, and had five needles stabbed into my flesh. Feel sorry for me guys.

- Amy

*Sorry for the complaints!


55 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Amy! I'm so sorry! I'll be praying for you! That sounds awful. I don't like needles either. Hope everything will be alright. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I don't think I've ever been prayed for ahaa!

      Delete
  2. Amy!! Hope you are ok and get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, we're not on Bloglovin :/ If you want, we can follow each other on GFC ;)

    31shadesofaubergine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I´m so sorry!! xoxo from pink-fever.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  5. soo sorry :(

    www.kataszyyna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. honey, I'm sorry for what happened to you, I hope you get well soon!
    a big kiss
    http://tr3ndygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! But isn't it weird that when someone's ill we apologise? It's not your fault! ^_^

      Delete
  7. Gosh, get well soon! x
    Really enjoying your blog so far! would be an honour if you could check mine out too ^^

    seals-owls-foxes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Questions: Explain Clark Kent? Explain stomach? Could I call you later?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Clark Kent snap was a reference to Superman - I was about to have a cannula put in and I was just severely wishing for him to swoop in and save me..

      Delete
  9. OMG! That sounds horrible.... I've had to get four shots in the course of a month and half and I thought that was BAD, so I can't imagine how you're feeling... Needles are absolutely terrifying Dx I seriously hope you can get better and get out of there soon.
    Much love
    July

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was aha >_< And thank you - I hope your shots weren't too bad!

      Delete
  10. I'm so sorry! Hope to wish you a speedy recovery love :)
    I've followed you on gfc and bloglovin, hope to keep in touch! xoxo

    amelia-kay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah, what is this GFC that everyone's talking about?

      Delete
  11. i hope you get well soon dear.
    we'll pray for your recovery.


    Ms. Kei


    ---

    P.S.
    i am now following your blog
    through GFC & Bloglovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh sweetie.....
    I'm so sorry to read this :(
    I hope to wish you a speedy recovery sweetheart
    Kisses
    Maggie D.
    <3 <3 <3
    The Indian Savage diary Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Anyway I have small blood vessels also, and that time when they tried to inject needle when I was donating blood, I also ended up bruised.

    xxx MODEmoiselle on Bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi dear,

    thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, I really appreciate your words of encouragement :) Yes, let's follow each other :) I am following you on Bloglovin - hope you'll do the same :)

    Kisses,
    Kristina
    www.beneaththecoat.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! your blog so cute! followed you on bloglovin, follow me back? Nice to know you ^^

    With Love, Cellia

    ReplyDelete
  16. omg :(
    i hope you get well soon

    new post
    www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your post made me cringe! Sounds like the nurse didn't know how to put it on your hand. There are some who don't know. My mom is a nurse and she knows some nurses who don't know anything, not even change a diaper!

    Get well real soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mom is a nuse? That's so awesome! That would be such a rewarding job, helping people get better :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah she is. Thanks! :) it sure is.

      Delete
  18. You poor thing! Having a phobia of needles can't have made this any better for you either :( Treat yourself with a lot of TLC, girl!

    http://aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk
    - I follow back on Bloglovin' -

    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Girl, get well soon! I hope you're eating well, too. I really hate going to the hospital ugh, it's just too scary for me. And that anaesthesist is so stupid! I have a fear of wrists and veins so if I were you I would have punched that guy in the face!!! That's terrible!! :-(

    Girl, I followed you. I hope you follow me back so we can be friends. I honestly like your blog! ♥♥♥
    Check out my recent post: http://czarinabear.blogspot.com/2014/09/beauty-victorias-secret-travel-brush.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha, I was to scared to punch anyone in the face xD
      And thank youuu :)

      Delete
  20. Oh sweetie!! I'm so sorry!!!!!!! I hope you get well very very soon darling. In the meantime following you via bloglovin :-)
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  21. If you want follow each other on Bloglovin, follow us first! :)

    http://31shadesofaubergine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amy Amy Amy, I hope you feel better soon! Yikes that extract from your diary made me crinGE AND A HALF, UGH NEEDLES NO NO NO ... well done for being so brave, I would have been shaking and sobbing and screaming STOP by that point.

    I hope you have a swift road to recovery! Oh, and also - just the thing to cheer you up ;) - you've got yet another Liebster Award from your ole pal Emily. However it is an Non-Obligatory Award, more of a hey-let's-spotlight-a-few-awesome-blogs than a hey-do-these-tags. So feel very free to take the glory and leave the questions! :D

    http://wishingiwasnorthern.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/liebsterified.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's was verrryyyy difficult not to scream, although I did sort of try to escape from the hospital...
      Oooh and thank you! Will do (:

      Delete
  23. Get well soon dear :D

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope you're okay soon! I miss you :( <3

    Ivana @ Bookish Teens

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahhh, feel so late to this party, if you can call it one.
    I hadn't checked your blog recently, but dude!
    I'm so sorry! Needles suck, bleck (had to get 7 vials of blood taken awhile ago).
    I hope you feel better soon, I've had stomach issues too, but I'm taking pills now (every single day of my life...) and thats helped. Oh and when the doctor took the blood he apparently thought it was smart to jiggle the needle. So that left me with a behemoth of a bruise, so I feel ya.

    -sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seven vials of blood? Dude I'm so sorry!
      And I've never heard of 'behemoth' before, but a quick Google and I've decided that it's pretty cool aha ^_^

      Delete
  26. Stay strong! xx
    You are such a brave woman!
    June
    The Journeys' of my beating heart

    ReplyDelete