Amortentia - the world's most powerful love potion.

The amazing Melanie of Dynamic Alley sent me one of her stunning love potion necklaces to review. Thank you Melanie - it's gorgeous!

My daughters went to a Harry Potter themed Halloween party last year. We had so much fun putting the costumes together and making wands and jewelry. In fact, I had so much fun I just kept making wands. My daughter took the extra wands to school for her friends. They were a big hit. I sold some wands on online Facebook auctions between Halloween and Christmas.

I spent some time doing research and working on ideas and I started my Etsy shop, Dynamic Alley, in February 2013.

I have always loved art and design. I took every art and design class I could. I even took some woods and drafting classes. From a young age I enjoyed doing crafts, making holiday decorations and gifts, etc. I look for ideas everywhere. You never know when inspiration will strike! When I get an ideas I write it down in my notebook. I keep the idea in the back of my mind as I go about my day to day routine. 

Sometimes, inspiration strikes all at once, and I'll know exactly what I want to do. Other times it comes in bits and pieces, and I try to jot them down in the notebook where I wrote down the idea. I look for inspiration for my ideas on the internet, in magazines and stores, and in everyday life. Ocassionaly, I get some help from my husband and kids; but mostly I run Dynamic Alley myself. 

Depending on the piece, it can take anywhere from about 20 minutes to an hour to make something. Some are more involve than others. With the potion charm necklaces I have to “brew” the potion and seal the bottle. Then, I make the label and adhere it; and last make the necklace for the potion charm.

I like to find different ways to make jewelry that is inspired by events, items or characters in the books/movies. I want them to reflect the inspiring element, and also reflect some of who I am and my vision for that element. My goal is to create uniquely inspired jewelry.


The colour of the Amortentia potion is a striking red which means that this necklace is a striking statement. I also love the key charm attached to the bottle, and to me its little details like this that really makes an accessory worth wearing.




Even the packing in itself was lovely, as the necklace came in a classic Harry Potter styled envelope, which just added to the appeal.

The chain of the necklace is reasonably thick so it isn't flimsy enough to snap, yet not so thick that it distracts from the necklace.

"This potion may cause a powerful infatuation or obsession, but cannot create true feelings of love"

You can just tell that Melanie spent ages making this necklace perfect - It really is lovely!

Dynamic Alley also sells personalised Hogwarts acceptance letters, wands, wand pens, custom journals, composition books and more.

"Dynamic Alley is the home for many of your wizarding needs..."

Go to www.facebook.com/dynamicalleywizardry for the Dynamic Alley Facebook page, or visit www.etsy.com/shop/dynamicalley for the Dynamic Alley Etsy shop.



Also, just for being a reader of Blue Scarf Girl, by entering BLUESCARF100 at the checkout of Dynamic Alley, you will get 10% off all purchases.

So what are you waiting for? Go buy a stunning statement necklace at Dynamic Alley now!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! I got my friend a Felix Felicis necklace off Neat Eats recently :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That necklace is beautiful. I'm going to end up spending a lot of time on that website, I just know it.

    Also, I've nominated you for the Shine On award and have just read that you don't do them - but hey ho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks anyway! And the necklace is stunning!

      Delete
  3. Hey I saw your post on Blog For Joy and I'd be happy to do a guest post on your blog and yours on mine. Just email me at flutingpickle@gmail.com if you want. Or comment on my blog.whichever works.:)

    ReplyDelete