Merlotte's Bar and Grill top

Thank you so much to Angela of Fat Cat Apparel for sending me such a nice shirt! It looks great!


I have always loved to scrapbook and every Christmas I make calendars for my friends. I used to do these all by hand until I met my fiancĂ© Chris who introduced me to the world of graphic design. I slowly started learning how to use the adobe programs and began making my calendars on the computer. Before long I was even designing my own scrapbook paper. I decided that I wanted to sell my paper and so one Christmas I started an Etsy site. 

The shirt is made from 100% preshrunk cotton, so there's no chance of it shrinking in the wash. I love the fact that it's handmade, even though it certainly doesn't look like it!


This shirt would go with pretty much anything, but I'd pair it with black jeans/ shorts/ skirt, green platform shoes, and green accessories. I think it'd also look good paired with monochrome accessories.

Instead of selling scrapbook paper I ended up selling my custom photo ornaments, which took off. I kept saying that eventually I would get my scrapbook paper up but I was just too busy and could never seem to find the time. Almost a year passed and I hadn't accomplished much time just seemed to fly by. That was when my fiance purchased a direct to garment printer for his print shop. At first I didn't really think much of this new piece of technology. Then one day I was at work, board and was surfing the net. I found a shirt I liked but didn't really want to pay a huge amount for it. That was when it suddenly hit me that I could make my own shirt, not only that, I could make shirts and sell them on Etsy. So I added the apparel half of my shop. 


The shirt is the perfect fit, which I was so happy about. The design is inspired by the True Blood series, and if you've never heard of it - go research it now because it is absolutely BRILLIANT, and great inspiration for a shirt.

Fat Cat Apparel ships internationally, so there's no need to worry about these great shirts not being able to reach you!

When my first shirts started to sell I was so excited and I couldn't wait to make more. In addition I still wanted to get my scrapbook paper up, which I finally am although it is a much slower process then the shirts. But I have a plan and a goal for this year, which is to dedicate as much time as possible to getting my shop in tip top shape and consistently offer new shirts, scrapbook paper, and other products. I know it might be a challenge but I am up for it and I can't wait to see what happens next.


Visit the Fat Cat Apparel Etsy at; http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/fatcatapparel

Again, thank you to Angela for sending me such a lovely shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment