recovering from the reading festival under my mermaid blanket

So for those of y'all that don't know, I recently went to one of the biggest festivals in England - the Reading Festival. It was five days of mud, bad music, and a diet consisting of candy and packets of Lays chips. I've spent the past couple of days trying to recover from some weak sunburns and memories of the human waste cesspit, and it feels so great to be able to shower, sleep in a normal bed, and eat actual food again. The journey back from Reading was insanely stressful, and living on three hours sleep over several nights has really caught up with me. And so, I've taken some time out to recuperate - with the help of the super adorable mermaid tail blanket sent to me by Everything AF.



At least twenty other people in my circle also found their way to Reading last weekend, and everyone I've spoken to since is still pretty out of it. By contrast I definitely recovered quickly, thanks to lots of self-care and "me" time. And so, here comes the big question I know what you Creamfields and V-Festival people are begging to ask -"how?"

Hot coco
It's a little known fact that hot coco is basically the key to life, and so, if you want to recover quickly from any situation (festivals, university, sudden discovered lactose intolerance), a warm mug of some warm liquid chocolate is the way to go. You guys have to try out cherry coco and white chocolate too, they're so underrated.

Body care
Then what you've got to do is massage coconut oil into your hair ends, have an insanely hot shower (finishing off in ice water), smother yourself in cocoa butter and then lay back in a fluffy dressing gown and not move for hours. Maybe put on some Breaking Bad for several days running, and bonus points if you can blackmail someone into giving you a massage.

Face masks
You name it - charcoal, tea tree, witch hazel, my face was begging for something to take away all the grit and dirt from the festival. Face masks are honestly the best things for chilling after a stressful few days, and you can make some great ones out of a selection of honey, raw egg whites, oats, avocado, lemon juice - whichever suits your skin type most.


A trusty mermaid tail blanket
And then this is the best bit! Having recently received a mermaid tail blanket from Everything AF, I was super hyped to try it out. I've seen photos of girls with mermaid blankets, and despite feeling like such a little kid for wanting one, I literally fell in love. And hey, why not? It's comfortable, cute, and basically turns me into a freaking mermaid!

The tail is made out of a mixture of knitted acrylic and cotton and is crazy cozy, it's so easy to nestle up in it on the sofa or chair. It's super soft, and turns lounging in the living room into basically just casually playing dress-up. When I first scouted this tail online I was with my nine-year-old niece, and now she is insanely jealous that I actually own one. I swear, she'll end up getting her own one and we'll be matching. It's a perfect little gift, as every single female I know would love to own one - and even a few dudes, too.

These tails are also super popular at the moment, like I'll be browsing Pinterest and will find an edgy photograph of a redhead girl covered in glitter in one. I'm in love with my new lil blanket, and it's genuinely been so perfect for helping me recover from Reading. I have literally spent days on the sofa in our living room in Wales, sprawled across the leather in my blanket watching Netflix and eating donuts. I have stayed in my pyjamas and just put on face masks, stalked Instagram, cwtched with my dog, and drank such a sheer amount of hot coco that I forget I'm actually really intolerant to dairy. That's what this tail does - it wraps you up and keeps you away from the real world where you're not a mermaid and haven't got IBD.

The detailing of the tail is that of ribbing, which is an adorable pattern that every middle aged mom would give a nod to, and all Everything AFs products are cruelty-free and vegan which is always a plus. I feel pretty extra hanging out in a mermaid tail, but I genuinely love it. I feel fabulous, and I feel like it's definitely helped me recover from some dreary days at a crazy music festival.


And so, a massive thank you to Stephanie, the owner of Everything AF. You can check out a wider range of her products over at her online shop and Etsy, and tell her I say hi when you do binge on her adorable items. I'll tell you guys more about Reading in my next post, but for now, happy thoughts.

53 comments:

  1. I have a faux fur blanket that makes snuggling up on the sofa extra cosy for me and I'm obsessed with it. Love the mermaid tail ones as well though! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, yes, after the craziness of the Reading Festival(although fun)you definitely need some R&R. Your mermaid blanket is super adorable. I really like the color. You seems to have all the essentials - coconut oil and hot cocoa makes everything better. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    Xx
    Nikki
    www.nikkilivinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, that blanket is adorable! Living your best mermaid life

    Blog | Instagram | Blogger Tools

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, thanks for sharing :) that blanket is amazing!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post, love your outfit as well especially your pretty color blanket. Thank you for sharing, you look gorgeous!!!

    xxx

    www.bridesonamission.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hubby bought me a mermaid blanket as part of my Christmas present! They're very cool aren't they

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe for a man, i must say that's really a cute one! i thought of girls, they would surely love that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh that sounds lovely!!! I didn't even know reading festivals were a thing! Your set up looks amazing!!
    Coco| pjsandstuff.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahaha it so good and lovely! Love this post, I need one mermaid blanket nowww! I can't stop reading your blog, its fun and amazing.

    -Maca http://unapartedemaca.blogspot.com/2017/08/wish-list-de-zaful-back-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. That mermaid blanket is just too cool! Looks like the perfect spot to chill and and recover from the stress of the Reading festival. I used to love music festivals when I was younger but nowadays I would much rather watch them on the telly ;p

    ReplyDelete
  11. That blanket looks like it would be so comfy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That rose-pink mermaid blanket is gorgeous! I love it! Even while recuperating from your time at the Reading Festival you look super-fashionable. That blue top adds a nice complementary contrast to the rose pink Everything AF mermaid blanket. The hot coco sounds good! I'll have to get some more before cold weather hits!

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. The blanket is cute and I agree a face mask is a great way to take a few minutes of relaxing.

    Deedee

    http://madeupgirl-madeupgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. The blanket is seriously so cute! I want one for myself so bad right now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That mermaid blanket is AMAZING. Honestly why would one need any other blanket when you could be a mermaid omg. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is pretty cool,
    Great way to read books.

    Much Love,
    Zarrah | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww it's so cute <3 I don't like a festival's life too :/
    xoxo
    NATALIEFASHION97

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you soon much for your nice comment!
    You Blog is really pretty. I will definitely follow it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your mermaid blanket look so cute! And you actually look like one :)
    Kiss, Mariana Dezolt
    Messy Hair, Don’t Care

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahh I'm so jealous you got to go. I went in 2013 and Reading Festival was amazing. Such a good atmosphere and amazing music. I can definitely see why you did a pamper session when you got back, I felt like I needed to do exactly the same thing!

    Alys / alysgeorge.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. wish I had time to laze around for days on end.....Some of us have to work.Join the real world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For what reason would I want to join the real world, when this one offers holidays and mermaid blankets?

      Delete
  22. Isn't that the perfect way to enjoy some ME time? That mermaid blanket it's looks so nice and cosy.

    https://mihabalan.com/2017/09/02/boots-must-fall-2017/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I never saw before such a mermaid blanket! It is so cute and your post brought a smile into my face. Thanks for that!
    Many thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Do you want to follow each other?
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. How cool is that! Great blog post! Thanks for sharing!
    Much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  25. sucha cute blanket :-) You are like a mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  26. I need that mermaid tail blanket in my life!! LOL :D

    xx Alyssa // STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  27. This sounds like a great way to recuperate, and the blanket is so cute!

    amberelb.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I want a mermaid blanket they're so cute and I bet the Reading festival was amazing
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wait, candy & lays aren't "real food". Damn because that's like 3/4 of my diet every day haha ... Cute photos. I love the blanket. And your dog is so precious!

    Kara Aragon
    http://www.thekaragon.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. HOW GOOD WAS EMINEM?! i only bought tickets to see him on the saturday...was such a crazy fangirl haha.

    i camped yeeeears ago when i was 17 and don't think i could do it again...was so muddy. props to you, missy!

    i couldnt love that blanket more if i tried. who DOESN'T want to be a mermaid while watching telly and recuperating?! #goals

    katie. xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. hope you're feelinjg bettter!
    that blanket is super cute!
    have a good day!
    S

    ReplyDelete
  32. It looks like the cosiest blanket! Love the colour~

    Vivian | LIVE . IN . LOVE
    IG | @viviyunn_

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  33. Aww, this is the sweetest and cosiest blog post of all time - getting ALL the Autumn vibes right now! After Reading festival, cosying up in a mermaid blanket with hot chocolate sounds like the ultimate cure :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  34. This mermaid tail blanket is genius! I´ve never seen it before and I love it! This was such a lovely post to read! Wishing you a lovely day! xoxo

    www.naomella.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. The bigger question is: was going to the Reading Festival worth it, haha?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay tuned, I think I'll post about it tomorrow haha.

      Delete
  36. Face masks and hot tea always helps!! And that mermaid blanket is sooo cute.
    xo | Cindy Elena
    www.boringclothes.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hope you enjoyed the music and get some rest!


    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. There's nothing better than relaxing on the sofa with a cosy blanket! Can't wait for that this Winter x

    Jenny | LuxeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  39. This blanket is super cute! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  40. I neeeed one too! http://vicksup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. What an awesome mermaid tail blanket! You look so cool but casual in it. Like no big deal right? But it kinda is.

    Kim
    Simply Lovebirds

    ReplyDelete
  42. I NEED this blanket in my life! I've been seeing them all over Instagram and they're so so cool!

    Have an awesome day!
    xx Kris | https://dreamingofpink.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Amy you're so beaut! I want to be a mermaid. And write a book about mermaids. And be a mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  44. You're so pretty and the blanket looks lovelyyy :D


    http://www.desiringsme.com/fall-outfits-camel-coat/

    ReplyDelete
  45. That's a cute blanket! I think one of my colleagues will like this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Ahhh! That blanket is absolutely adorable, I think I'm slightly (completely) in love.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I have that mermaid tail blanket too in violet color and I want another one for backup when the other one is in the laundry. It's so cozy and make me feel like a kid. I use it for sleeping and when I blog too LOL

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete