a stressless move with ascent bath bombs

Right now, I sit in a very beautiful home that's lacking paint, furniture, and my dog's bed, as I am literally fleeing England. Later this year, I will be studying in my favourite country ever - Wales - meaning that my family and I are currently packing up our whole house to move cross-country. So far, I feel great about the move, as I really can't stand England (just thinking about London makes me ache), and have so much love for Wales that I'm relieved to finally go home. 



However, I can't say that it's been the least stressful experience I've ever had, as trying to take three wardrobes of clothes and over 500 novels I've somehow collected to a house over two-hundred miles away has been a slight struggle. In times of dire need, I crave nothing more than taking a relaxing bath where I can just lay back and watch Netflix or read an Emery Lord book, and this time was no different. Luckily, I'd been conferring with a lovely woman called Michelle Davies who was more than happy to send me some of the beautiful products from her bath and body shop, Ascent, to write about and ease my stress with. Considering that I am a sucker for bath bombs anyway, it's pretty safe to say that I completely fell in love with her Journey Collection, which was both travel themed and insanely luxurious.

The first thing that I love about these bath bombs is that they're themed after different places, and are all designed to replicate certain features of each place. For example, one of my favourites, titled 'California Dreams' is described as taking you down the Pacific West Coast highway to LA, "experiencing lush national parks with the scent of linden blossom, citrus groves with the refreshing aromas of orange zest and pink grapefruit" - with a splash of Pacific sea salt. It not only paints a picture, but it also delivers, with scents and oils and other little bits all adding together to create this whole scene in just your bath tub. When I tried out this bath bomb, I left feeling inspired. No bath bombs I have ever tried have put this much thought and creativity into their works, leaving me feeling like I'd had more of an experience than a bath.



Another one of my favourite bath bombs from this collection was the one titled 'Persian Skies'. The scent consists of white fig, pomegranate, pink pepper, cardamon, lily, blackcurrant, clove, patchouli, and frankincense (there's a reason the three wise men gave the latter to the son of Christ in biblical stories, let me tell you). I swear, Michelle must be some kind of scent sorceress - if I'd merely heard this mixture instead of actually trying it out I'd believe it to be overpowering, but it all goes so well that some kind of magic must be involved. It takes a whole new sort of talent to be able to blend all these fragrances, with the result of something beautiful that transports you to the opulent ancient empire of Persia with this luxury in a ball. Also, there's gold sparkles inside! This is my favourite thing ever, as I emerged from my bath looking like a wondrous sparkly creature, along with smelling like a Goddess to match. Honestly, I would happily bathe in just this glitter, I felt so fabulous afterwards. It's hard to feel any sort of negative emotion when your skin glitters each time you move.

Another favourite (okay, who am I kidding, they're all my favourite, and I want them all the time) is the 'Spanish Amber', because I am in love with Mediterranean culture and everything to do with it (we all know the story about my parents meeting on a Spanish island, right?), and this bath bomb embosses every possible thing there is to love about it. Amber itself has been referred to as a rich, honey like scent, an "aphrodisiac with mystical powers", I was pretty hyped to try it out and see if I'd fall as much in love with it as the rumours would suggest. Spoiler alert - I did. This bomb also includes guaicewood, patchouli, vetiver, pine, musk and vanilla, so it's really no surprise that it smells heavenly. The best bit of this one? It also features Calendula, which is a Spanish flower (famed for its anti-inflammatory properties), added as whole petals, which I loved. Not only was I bathing in this beautiful fragrance and oil, but I also had rogue petals from a Spanish flower floating around me. Whilst it meant I had to scoop them out of the bath afterwards, I felt like royalty in this shimmery and summery concoction. 

Michelle also sent me several soaps from the collection, and I fell in love with these also. For example, she sent me one titled 'French Affair', which is Parisian themed. It's this really deeply romantic scent, filled with roses and added French pink clay, which leaves you feeling rejuvenated (as it is known for its detoxifying benefits) and smelling like you just stepped out of a Parisian flower market on a lazy Sunday morning, with your sweetheart pulling up roses and boxes of sweet fizzy candy. It's honestly quite addictive.




Another soap bar I received was 'Rio Carnival', which is themed after the biggest party on the planet. With the sharp scents of lime mixed with the deep zesty spices of ginger, this mimics the famed Brazilian cocktail Caipirihna. It's a jamboree in a bar, with splashes of colour and sharp scents, and is an instant fix to those early mornings where you just want to hop back into bed. Or, like with me, if you need a kick to start painting or moving boxes upstairs, this will get you hyped up and ready to spend energy in no time. It's an alternative when it's 8am and you're in dire need of an actual cocktail.

The final product I was honoured to try out was the 'Gone to Hawaii' bar, which lived up to all the expectations that I had grown to expect from Ascent. When you think of Hawaiian life, you'd typically think of a chilled, laid-back atmosphere filled with salty air and warm sunshine. This bar captures all of those things, with it's fruity blend of melon, grape, pineapple, and other tropical fruits, mixed with that of a creamy coconut and a hint of almond oil and sea salt. It turns out that you can get a simple tropical hideaway in an instant, with this nifty little bar. All these products take care of your skin with their gentle moisturising properties and skin loving minerals, but this one features all that and more, with the salt offering light exfoliation also. 

All the scents and themes I've talked about are available in both the form of soaps and bath bombs, and I can promise are all 100% gorgeous, luxurious, and bound to make you fall in love with them. As it is, I can see myself spending a lot of time in baths with these glorious items, transported to somewhere far away from the chilly weather outside and the masses of boxes inside. I am super grateful to Michelle for sending me a collection of her bath and body products, and will forever talk with praise about Ascent.


Let me know what you guys think in the comments below!

43 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good, I bet they smell amazing!
    LA VEINE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bath bombs ;) They make the bath so relaxing and pleasant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sounds divine! I love the names she has given each product. :) Wishing you great luck with the move. I would love to visit Wales someday. It looks so peaceful and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow that Looks so good
    http://carrieslifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Journey Collection definitely sounds like a winner, and the Persian Skies sounds like right up my alley:) And how awesome that you're off to Wales!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never try this brand
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeeed! Bubble bath will always a good idea for stressed condition!


    xoxo
    ayu

    ReplyDelete
  9. These bath bombs sounds so lovely! Love when they have fun colors and extra "details"! Xx

    www.thefashionfolks.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ¡¡Hola Amy!! Yo sólo me baño una vez cada año, si, así, como suena. Tuvimos años atrás mucha sequía y desde el gobierno nos aconsejaron que sólo tomáramos duchas, así que por conciencia, decidí bañarme solamente el día de fin de año, pero eso si, lleno la bañera y le echo todo tipo de productos, casi todos de distintas gamas, por lo que termino oliendo a no sé qué, ja, ja.
    Lo cierto es que me encantan todos los productos de baño y para mi cumpleaños o navidad, siempre me regalan mi familia bombas de baño, geles, jabones.... que suelo acumular al sólo bañarme una vez al año.
    Los productos que nos has enseñado son fantástico, se nota que son de muy buena calidad, una joya en tu piel. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, love to have these adorable Bath Bombs too, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so nice! Have a great day!

    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww these are such gorgeous-looking bath bombs - I hope they help relax you during the move! Speaking of which, that's SO exciting; good luck with studying in Wales!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh this sounds great! I could definitely do with a bit less stress... Haha xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Best of luck with the move! Hopefully it's not too terribly stressful in the end, and I'm sure you'll love living in Wales :) The bath bombs look amazing, I love how they're all named after places.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, these look amazing! I wish I could smell them through the screen hehe! Thanks for sharing, have a lovely day.

    xxxx from Emily // www.diamondsanddachshunds.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been on demonstration of these in Lush, it looks so amazing once you sink it in a water. I wish I would have a bath tub :(

    Btw, thank you for the info on my blog, I never even noticed that, but will try to fix it :)

    Have a wonderful day, xx, Danny

    d'star

    *d'star*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your impending move sounds super exciting but I can understand how the whole moving process might be stressful though. It's nice that you've had these bath bombs to take you away. The scents sounds amazing and there's nothing like a nice bath to relax and forget about the real world for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck with the move! I imagine these bath bombs smell amazing!

    http://roadesque.com
    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look so cute!

    Have a lovely day!

    Kris | https://dreamingofpink.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Soo beautiful! I love bath bombs. :D

    www.sophiaston.de

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've actually never tried any bath bombs that weren't from Lush - these sound lovely though! Hope your move goes well :)
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow wonderful post, love it! :)
    Maybe follow for follow? :)

    veronicalucy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. the bath bombs look so cute! So happy for you to move back to wales!

    Nathalie
    www.nathalie-alexandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just love Bath scenes, Bath bombs my fav from lush I carry them with me everywhere in hopping I would find a bathtub to enjoy them hahah . Lovely post, enjoy your time at the hotel :)

    https://mihabalan.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good luck with the move! Anywhere you'll feel better, is a good move :D I love the theme of her bath bombs. That is so cool and unique! I only have showers now :( But if I had a bath, I would definitely purchase those. Maybe if she also made shower gels in these same scents :) I'll check out the soaps she has.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. It can be so tiring moving home! Hope it's going well. These bath bombs sound and look lovely x

    LuxeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  28. These sounds absolutely amazing! And wow, good luck with your move, I am currently in the midst of one myself but just across town. Our house is now a huge mess and I can't wait to get the move over with and settled in our new place.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  29. Okay, I want: Gone to Hawaii! And good luck with the move, moving is such a stressful time, but so exciting too. A new environment is very inspiring!

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, thanks for the detailed review! They look and sound amazing!!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those bath bombs looks amazing. I can only imagine how divine they must smell.

    Good luck with the big move.

    Her Hive

    ReplyDelete
  32. These look lovely - I love that they're named after places! Also wishing you all the luck with the move, Wales is such a lovely place :)

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anywhere you'll feel better, is a good move .

    ReplyDelete
  34. this bathbombs are amazing when you need some relaxation

    ReplyDelete