A few weeks ago I went with my family to a small city in Turkey called Marmaris. I was super hyped to finally go, despite being incredibly anxious about the language barrier. See, my family and I have only gone to Spanish speaking countries due to that being where my parents met yada yada yada, so to venture further out of our dialect was pretty odd. However, I was so excited to fly over to Asia, and as it turns out it really didn't disappoint. Turkey is such a beautiful country, and I'm so glad that I finally got a chance to go.
I took thousands upon thousands of photos in Marmaris - I couldn't help but try to capture every beautiful thing I came across! Apologies for the longish photo post, but there's another three to come your way, so if I can do anything to make them a little more bearable for you then please let me know :)
-English breakfast - salad - English breakfast - salad (notice a pattern?) -
I lived on sea bass and salad out in Marmaris, with an English breakfast (ironic?) almost every morning. It may not sound like much, but as we were staying by the sea the seafood was, as to be expected, top notch. I highly recommend trying sea bass too if you haven't - I may not be a good vegetarian but I sure know what good seafood tastes like.
- saying goodbye to my dog (had to throw this one in!) - Gatwick airport - m&m guy - flight from England - airport grounds - full moon - Turkish hotel welcoming cat (strays everywhere) - mountain view - sunset over Marmaris - city life - beach walk - Turkish restaurant - ocean view - city skyline - palm tree outline -
- my mom - me - my dad -
The photo above was taken at the Turkish Baths and holy asdfghjkl it was amazing. We went into a steam room, had massages, cold-bowled water splashed all over us and had face masks applied (where the guy looked at a spot in the middle of my forehead, went 'hm', then punched it with his forefinger AND OW). It was pretty amazing, and I'm so so so glad we did it as I felt incredibly revitalized afterwards. If any of you guys ever have the chance, I strongly recommend that you do it - you will not regret it.
- BBQ menu - Addy's bike - mother - beach walk - square - Turkish statue - harbour - shopping centre - Turkish shops - "I like your camera!" - moonlit ocean - walk to High Life - greenery - hotel flowers - Turkish flowers - beach view - glass of light - "take my photo?" - tree ribbons - blue sky - shopping walk -
- out for dinner - plane outfit - Etiler - out for dinner (the skirt was a lot shorter than I expected meaning that before I left I pulled the waist band down to my hip so that it was actually more of a skirt, rather than the belt that it looks like in this) -
One of the first things that I noticed about Turkey was just how beautiful everyone was. I felt so out of place with my snow white skin and blue eyes - everyone had golden skin with chocolatey brown eyes, super camel-long eyelashes and thick dark hair. It did nothing for my self-esteem, but it has to be said that the Turkish are probably the most genetically attractive race I have ever come across. Jealousy maxed out.
- castle walk - side street - moped frame - Suleyman's castle - antique pots - floorwalk - such tourists - cannonball and aim - castle view - mountainous background - stair stonework - beautiful white buildings - palm tree paradise - shoot guard - blue view - stunning palm tree orientated buildings - brightness - castle grounds - tubular view - mother leaning over castle wall - Turkish statue - Marmaris view - stone walk - city - taking it all in -
The weather in Marmaris averaged at about 45 degrees celsius each day, which was CRAZY compared to England's high 10. Apparently it reached 55 degrees at the height of one day, which is absolutely insane. The extremely hot weather actually meant that I broke out in spots which sucked at the time, but when I got back to England they cleared away and my skin was super smooth (win!).
- castle 360 - antique hook - palm tree surroundings - LED lit vases - antique bowl - view - Turkish flag - Turkish stones - flowering summer - unspawned raspberry - star statue - shopper's view - shopper's walk - jewelry stand - Turkish statue - fire station - view from High Life - Turkish plant - beach walk - 'taksi's - Marmaris floor view -
Have a good day guys!