The Fault In Our Stars Is Extremely Overrated

There. I said it.





I had read so many reviews of The Fault In Our Stars, and many people that I'd talked to had also read the book, all explaining to me about just how great it is. So, super-hyped about it, I raced to my local library to take out a copy.

Unfortunately, to my dismay, every single copy had been taken out. So, every day I would go back to the library in the hope that they would have a spare copy available. And finally, after weeks of waiting, they did.

I was incredibly excited to read it, especially after all the great feedback that I had heard about it.

But, as I continued to read through the book, I became very disappointed.

It was just SO predictable. Every single word of the plot had been expected.

And so, I came to a conclusion.

I don't like TFIOS.

I may be the only person in the world who doesn't like it, but I seriously don't.

It was well written, sure I'll give John Green that. But apart from that?

TFIOS is extremely overrated, and a very, very bad book.

13 comments:

  1. I never read it but after i read a review about it being inappropriate, I thought "forget it!" Sometimes there is so much hype on something that leaves you disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do you mean by inappropriate?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's being called 'sick lit' because of the way in which it glamorises life and death issues. It also has a double page sex scene.

      Delete
  3. Aw, sad to see you didn't enjoy this one as much as you wanted to! I liked it, but didn't love it. I'm not obsessed and I don't think Augustus Waters is swoon-worthy and perfect. It's a good book, but far, far, far from a great one.

    And don't worry, I'm literally the only one who thinks the film looks rubbish… :'( To be honest, I'm glad to see another person who isn't overly obsessed with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly! It's just too.. unrealistic?

    -- http://youtu.be/9ItBvH5J6ss

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you. I disliked it. There was soooo much hype about it, but it didn't live up to any of my expectations at all and I was totally disappointed. People all over are raving about how amazing it is, and how they can't wait for the movie, and that they were absolutely SOBBING during the trailer, but I'm just sitting here annoyed. I'm going to watch the movie, but I'll probably wait until it's out of theaters.
    I give John Green kudos for creativeness, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, although it's not like the story hasn't been done before.

      Delete
  6. Interesting review! I loved this book so it's good to see a different angle! It wasn't very predictable for me, not Augustus's death at least. But it's not the plot that makes the book good, really. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that John Green isn't a good writer, because Looking For Alaska wasn't bad, but it's just the fact that the story wasn't exactly original, thus created predictability - for me anyhow.

      Delete
  7. To be honest the movie is one whole load of crap. Seriously? U can't even breathe and you are having sex. Really nonsense

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know who you are but I like you.

      Delete