Guest Post - Seana J Vixen

Seana J Vixen of The Creative Clique and The Totally Insane Writer has kindly written a guest post for this here blog. Enjoy (:

--

Well hello, you lovely people! The always awesome Amy-Anne decided to let me sneak over here and sprinkle some insanity upon you. (Or maybe I bribed her with chocolate. You'll never know. Bwa ha ha.)

In all seriousness, I've come to discuss something very deep. And serious. And deep.

It's the fact that....Disney gave me unrealistic expectations for my hair, my love life, and my pets.

Don't get me wrong, I love Disney as much as the next girl, but sometimes I watch a Disney princess movie and think to myself, "Man, how in the world is Ariel's hair that voluminous? She's lived in saltwater for her WHOLE LIFE." It's madness. Pure madness.

And each of those princesses has love at first sight. I've hardly ever heard of that actually happening to real people. These are the princesses who also have insane first dates (Jasmine went on a flying carpet. How can you compete with that?). And then they all go along and marry this guy they've just met and live happily ever after. I can honestly say that I highly doubt this will happen to me. (Especially because of the whole stranger danger thing. To quote Elsa from Frozen, "You can't marry a man you've just met.")

And finally, Disney gave me an unrealistic expectation for my pets. My dog does not come running in to help me with my chores, nor can she talk. If I start singing she doesn't see that as a sign that I want help with the dishes or cleaning my room. She just squints at me and goes back to sleep. Not quite what I had in mind.

So.

That was my guest post. It turned into a bit of a rant (oops), but thanks so much to Amy-Anne for letting me pop over her to her blog! 'twas fun.

That is all.

Cheers,
Seana

2 comments:

  1. That is weird,. I must be the only girl who hasn't noticed those things as i grew watching Disney. Great guest post Seana. Interesting subject ...makes you think. :)

    ReplyDelete