Deadlines

Oh yes, the dreaded D word. Deadlines, we all hate them. I mean, who even thought them up? I bet it was Shakespeare.

'Ooh, I must remind thou to give in thee manuscripts of Macbeth. But why shalt no one remind thou of thee date? I shalt now promote thee urgency as thy 'Deadline,' international hatred and misery. Yippee, maybe now thou shalt sleep in peace.'

See what I mean?! Unnatural, right? But maybe they help us?

If there were no deadlines, and we had all the time in the world to do whatever we wanted, maybe nothing would ever get done.

'Oh, hallelujah! I've finally found the cure to colds and flus! Let me just get on my coat and I'll take it down to the lab... Actually, I might wait until Eastenders has finished.'

There could be an upside, though.

'Hear ye, hear ye, the Great War the Third has begun! Well, it will after we've all had some tea and biscuits.'

Catch my drift? Deadlines could be good or bad, depending on how you interpret them. We all hate homework, but it's got to be done. We all hate early mornings, but what would we do without them? We all hate fruits and vegetables (my opinion, anyhow), but we'd die out if they all suddenly disappeared.

What I'm trying to say is, be nice to your deadlines. Without them we'd never get anything done. So thank them every once in a while. Give them a hug.



Do you love your deadlines?

AAWAD (: <3

No comments:

Post a Comment