'Hoot' the Crochet Owl

Thank you so much to Joan of Tre-Vorr for sending me a gorgeous crochet owl called 'Hoot'!

"I taught myself to crochet years ago, aged about 9, and it's been a hobby until recently as there are only so many times you can give someone a scarf of gloves for a present! The first thing I ever made was a lovely baby blue beret with a large, pink tassle on it. I was so proud wearing it. Thank god there are no photos.

Fast forward to being a mum, housewife and part-time cleaner, longing to be clever enough to make a living doing something I love. Enter Tre-Vorr! 

I decided to see if I could sell my items. I stand at local craft fairs and Table Top sales and I also sell handmade (not by me!) charity cards for Rwandan orphans."


Hoot is handmade with brightly multicoloured 100% acrylic yarn, with buttons for eyes and a felt beak. Hoot also 'likes heavy rock music and eating chicken'.

"I finally finished "real" work in March 2013 to let me concentrate more on crafting. Although crochet will always be my real love, I`m beginning to play with other mediums. Watch this space!!"



It must have taken a while to crochet such a small item, and it looks like it took a lot of effort!

Joan makes all her items in a smoke free and pet free area, using mostly King Cole yarns. "I occasionally go mad and try stuff like Boodles, but I`ve found that`s too heavy to work without crocheter`s cramp so it`s back to acrylic and cotton!"


"I hope you find something inside to appeal to your taste. Small commissions undertaken. Everything is available in different sizes or colourways, just message for more information.

I mostly follow patterns with my crochet although I do adapt them to make them more my own. I prefer large items to make. Owls like Hoot are OK but fiddly and require more concentration.

I also love dogs, history, walking, reading, and geraniums."

Go check out the Tre-Vorr Facebook at www.facebook.com/TreVorrCrochet
Visit the Tre-Vorr Wow Thank You at www.wowthankyou.co.uk-tre-vorr

Again, thank you to Joan for sending me one of her gorgeous creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment